Well, Golly Gee

I like to think of myself as a pretty disciplined person. I go to bed early, get up at 5:15am every day to go to the gym, try hard to eat healthy food, and I don't give up when the going gets tough...

Mostly.

No really, I don't give up that often, but I've confessed it time and time again: I am a procrastinator.

This is especially true when I'm working on something that I'm pretty sure is not going to work out to my liking. It's as though I believe that, by avoiding it, it's going to somehow fix itself to work out perfectly. Do I have a fairy godmother? Not to my knowledge. If I do, man... she's slacking.

I'm still picking away at this top from this Russian crochet site, but it's been slow-going. I've ripped out the stitches more often than I care to admit, and each time I did it, I became more and more convinced that it's going to take a whole lot of fiddling to get this thing to fit. So I've kind of been avoiding it, finding other things to do instead.

I meant to work on it this morning, but I decided to clean Rascal's teeth instead. Yes, you can brush your dog's teeth. Yes, it's good for them. No, he doesn't love it, but yes, he likes the chicken-flavoured toothpaste:


I meant to pick up my crochet project before lunch, but then I decided to make some cottage cheese pancakes, inspired by this recipe. I ditched the vanilla and honey and added some dill instead and ate it with some seared pastrami:


After that, I thought I'd work on it some more, but then... I decided to take the pieces I'd already finished and block them out, just to see what they looked like.

And well, geez... I think it's going to work. It'll be a close fit, but seeing them like this has given me some ideas for options to make sure it fits.


So then... I guess maybe procrastination doesn't really pay off. Gosh. That's kind of a bummer, really. I'm so good at it. Guess I better get another hobby...

Like maybe knitting. Or crochet. Heh.

Comments