Inspiration Mondays: Chasing Fireflies

Sometimes, I'll be sitting somewhere... on the couch, at the dinner table, in the car... and a question will flare up so strongly in my mind that I devote several hours to trying to answer it.

The question usually starts with, "Remember that time when you saw/heard/read/tasted that picture/song/story/dish? I wonder where I could find that again?

Last night, I was sitting on my yoga mat in cow pose, and my brain said, "Remember that song you heard on a Vinyl Cafe podcast with those two singers you liked so much? Who where they again? What was that song again?"

And thus started an hour of searching online for this two-minute song that I heard once... maybe twice before. At first, all I remembered was the girl was named Melissa.

Then I remembered the last line in the song: Where did the love go?

I'll tell you right now, if you Google "Where did the love go?" you get a result of the most melancholy stuff in the world. Don't do it if you're feeling kinda blue.

Anyway, I found it: "Night Owl" by Whitehorse, a husband-and-wife duo of Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland. The YouTube video was the best I could find of it, but I'm thinking I need to purchase more of their music. The lines near the end go like this:
Like fireflies
Fickle lights
Burning holes
Into the night
It reminds me of a summer evening. And really, on chilly winter evenings, what's more inspiring than that?

I hope you enjoy it. I'm off to knit.

Comments