Before the Nap

I'm about to take a nap. I was going to take the nap after lunch today, but I thought I'd get a few things done first.

I made some jam from the nanking cherries that have been in my freezer since the summer.


And I did that to make room for the frozen blueberries I bought this morning at the supermarket. And while the jam was simmering, I thought I'd go ahead and make some blueberry and lemon scones...


And they looked so good that I postponed the nap to have a cuppa tea and a scone. I confess, I sang a little triumphant anthem after the first bite. We are the champions, after all...


Rascal was unimpressed, but then, that's normal for him.


After that, I knit a few rows on this cowl. I'm using the free pattern called Merrily, Merrily, Merrily by Shelly Leahy. The yarn was originally destined to be used in Earth and Sky (see previous post), but you know how these things go... Best laid plans and all that...



And now that I've done all that, I think I'll sleep a bit. We're heading out shortly for the rest of the afternoon for a short flight in hubby's flying club's plane, then a good steak dinner. Better get the beauty sleep in before I go. The pup has already got a head start. But then, that's normal for him, too...

Comments

YarnKettle said…
You get so much done! Good to see the pup is helping you take care of business.
I bought blueberries just so I could make some of your scones, and some muffins too.