The True Yarn Diet

I think I am becoming one of those people that irritate me:  the ones who complain about losing weight.

If you've been following my other blog, you know that I am trying to shed some pounds in order to control my blood pressure. While this is a good thing, and while I am glad I am looking and feeling better, it means one thing: clothes are going to be awkward for the next while.

Case in point:  My Moody in Paprika I finished not long ago is already feeling a bit too big. I love that sweater. I just don't know how much longer I am going to be able to wear it.


What about all this yarn I've got sitting around the house? All the tops and sweaters I had planned? I can't afford to knit a bunch of stuff I can't wear.

There's only one thing for it:  garment hiatus.

But! It's not all bad news. I means that I can spend this summer working through all those special single skeins. Yarnies, you know which ones I'm talking about:  the ones you can't leave behind in a yarn store, the ones you get one vacation, the ones that came cheap from someone else's stash, the ones you fell in love with online. You just buy one, enough to make... something.

So, I guess I'm going to be busy this summer:


And well, these kinda came from with me from my friend, Tara's house. They're from her etsy shop: Dragonfly Dye Works.


Ok, so I'm not really following the yarn diet, but gimme a break. I must indulge somehow...

Comments

Anonymous said…
The first real sweater I'd ever knitted for myself was Wicked. I loved it. A med switch had me lose a few pounds; it was baggy, but I still wore it. Sixty pounds later, I was obviously not wearing it anymore. It's a little sad, but it's been 5 years and I have to admit that it's time to frog the thing... and I rarely knit sweaters anymore for exactly that reason.

Single skein projects are fun, though! :)
YarnKettle said…
Single skeins YAY, I can not wait to see what you make. Will you be trying socks or will it be a parade of shawls or hats? Guess I love seeing other people's knitting too.
AdrieneJ said…
This might be my chance to start on some socks... hmm...
AdrieneJ said…
Aww... maybe it's time to knit yourself a sweater again!