Inspiration Mondays: Singing Online

I've been feeling a bit under the weather recently, and in order to get my mind off my wretchedness, I turned to my old friend YouTube to entertain me.

Whatever your opinions are of YouTube, you have to admit that, while it offers me hours of videos of cute animals, it also provides a vast wealth of information. Today, I learned how to alter a pair of jeans to make them fit better. Handy, no?

It also provides me with lots and lots of free music from lots and lots of regular ol' people just like me. I enjoy trawling through and finding little gems here and there. Here's a song that isn't in English, but I think you could probably appreciate for at least the first minute or so. It's a song that is usually over-sung by a lot of Filipinos in karaoke bars, but I really appreciated the understated style:


Anyway, I've got a little tiny ambition to record my own singing someday, but I'm not sure when that someday will be. I haven't recorded a song since I was eighteen years old... my own composition, played on piano and recorded in a makeshift studio in my high school. The difference, of course, is the whole video part. If I could make a cardboard cut out and put it in front of me, that would make it that much easier.

A bit of courage might help as well.

For now, I think I'll continue to enjoy the music of some of the great unknown artists out there, covers or not. If you think that watching them doesn't make a difference, I beg to differ. Seeing just one more "view" pop up on your video really can make someone's day.

Unless you're the cute animal in one of those videos. I'm pretty sure they don't worry about that stuff.

Comments