Inspiration Mondays: Nevermind Them, Just Knit

I'll be thirty-five years old this year. It's nowhere near my birthday, but that thought has been on my mind for the past few days. Three-and-a-half decades old. So... what now?

Sometimes, I find myself doubting if I should or shouldn't do something, wondering what others would think, wondering if I would be seen as a show-off or a know-it-all. I want to fit it, feel secure, be liked... all that stuff.

But you know what? For eff's sake, I'm nearly thirty-five.

I have decided that I'm not going to let other people's insecurities get in my way anymore. So what if I'm  5' 9"and I want to wear high heels? I look fricking good in them. If I think I can help with my knowledge, I'm going to speak up and share it. If I want to dress nicely in a room full of people wearing jeans and hoodies, durn it, I'm going to. If I want to reach out to an outcast, try and stop me.

And, if I want to knit, spin or crochet in public, I'm doing it. After all, I'm the one with the pointy sticks. Anyone who might be uncomfortable with it is free to leave the room.

Don't let anyone intimidate you out of anything, least of all your sticks and string. Wield your power, let others deal with it.

And, if all else fails, remember:  You're the one with the pointy sticks...


Comments

Jorah said…
Rock on! I knit in public all the time. I say, let the lint fall where it may. We can't control what others think, and we can't make everyone happy, so we might as well do what makes us happy.
AdrieneJ said…
Hi fives, you planking-knitter! Thanks for stopping by!
YarnKettle said…
Amen Sister! I'll let you in on a little secret, those other people? They wish they could knit or spin or read a book in public too.