Thoughts Whilst Untangling


  1. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
  2. This is hard, but think how much more difficult it would be with cats around.
  3. I think humans should re-think having only two hands. Four would be nice.
  4. Yarn bounces really well when you drop it.
  5. The arachnids must be laughing at me behind my back.
  6. It could be worse. It could be a $90 ball of qiviut.
  7. Life is a like untangling a skein of yarn. Everytime you think you're coming up to an easy bit, a big chunk slides off for you to work on.
  8. I wonder if anyone has ever injured themselves doing this? (Said shortly before I dropped the ball and banged my head on the frame bending over to pick it up.)
In case you're wondering, the red lobster is Rascal's. He left it there and wandered off because he got tired of waiting for me to play with him.

The backstory of this is that I decided to take the skein I talked about in this post and see if I could increase its loft and make it springier by soaking it in some hot water and resetting the twist. Unfortunately, I didn't have it tied well enough to prevent tangling, so I'm balling it all up again to try again later.

Ah well. Live and learn, as they say.

Comments

YarnKettle said…
I disagree with #3 four hands would be way too many, plus knowing my luck one would always be burned.
#5 made me laugh, "stupid human it's like she only has two hands."
If #6 were true I would cry for you, quivit is not to be abused, but to be admired.
Thanks for today's smile!
AdrieneJ said…
I did once consider buying a ball of qivuit when I was in Alaska, but there's just too much pressure to deliver when you get invest in such a fibre. Perhaps one day I will get over that and just get some for the privilege of owning it...