Phoenix in Flight

It was a good test for my blocking wires, but it's finally done:



This thing is huge, but that comes of making it with needles that are a full two sizes larger than the pattern states. I've found that the changes in colours aren't nearly as jarring as I feared - rather, it has made it really interesting to look at.

I washed it twice and added conditioner to the rinse, but it is still a tad on the rough side. Kauni is not known for its softness, but its rustic nature may be why it blocked so well. And it's warm - that's wool for you. I could wear this thing outside on a cool evening and still be sweating. Goodness knows I was sweating by the end of taking these photos!

All in all, even though it seemed like the never-ending project, it's turned into something I really, really like. I'd wear it to the opera, if there was an opera to wear it to. Maybe an opera outdoors. On ice. With penguins.

I can dream, right?

Comments

YarnKettle said…
Wow that is beautiful! I love the orange sun circle on the back. Ice opera it is going to be huge.
T.M. said…
Beautiful!! The colors are fabulous. I would wear it everywhere. Great job!
AdrieneJ said…
@YarnKettle: Thanks! If the ice opera ever comes along, I'll be sure to post photos!


@T.M.: I'm truly impressed with the colours of this yarn. I'm so glad I stuck with it!
Anonymous said…
Adriene it's beautiful. I love the colours and the name fits perfectly. I think we should suggesst ice opera at the passion play site. Could be big.
Emily G said…
That is stunning!
AdrieneJ said…
Hmm, ice opera at the passion play site... who could I talk into doing that...?

@Emily G - thanks!
Unknown said…
OMG! That is just amazing! Beautiful work!!!

glittergirl94 from Rav. ;)
not any more said…
wheres the pattern for this it so beautiful I must make one

moemoe on rav
AdrieneJ said…
I just sent you a message on Ravelry. It's a free pattern called, "In the Pink."